Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bazaar Season!




I finally have a free moment, sitting here waiting for the new CSI: Vegas to come on (in 6 minutes!). I've been making some pretty cool soaps these past few weeks, kinda have to force myself sometimes, but it's all in good fun. I made one this morning scented with Blackberry and Almond...YUM! I have to hold myself back from taking a bite out of it. The one problem with soaping is the patience part. I HAVE NONE! I want to cut a chunk out and use it in the shower NOW. My other new venture was a castile soap with beeswax and honey in it (Bees Knees, haha). The smell is very subtle, but the texture and look of it is like custard. I'm gonna test that one out at 3 weeks. I don't care. I'll throw caution to the wind!
Oh, the Fig Blossom? I had my niece and nephew pick out smells for their own soaps last weekend. My niece picked Lemon and Lime. My nephew picked Orange Blossom and Fig. I laughed. Then I stopped when I realized that he was serious. OK. I told him he could mix any scents that he wanted to. Well, I made it the next day, and was VERY pleasantly surprised at how yummy it smelled! I told the kids maybe I would name the soaps after them, but then decided that not everyone may want to wash with a bar of "Spencer"? I don't know. But maybe I just wouldn't want to know the kind of people that would wash with it?
Here's a pic of my first bazaar that I sold my soaps at. I heard a rumor that comparatively I did very well, although I only sold 10 bars, and mainly to the other vendors at that! But the one coming up next weekend is actually IN town, and I should do better. Ah, wish me luck?! Oops...9PM!


No comments: