Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yearly Post??

Yes, it has been a week shy of a year. Yes, I have nothing but lame excuses. Yes, I'm still alive.
It's been a year filled with stuff. Fun stuff. Boring stuff. Stuff stuff. I've made some really fantastic soaps, got on a chocolate run. Made a bunch of bars that closely resemble brownies and smell fantastic. Had to stop making those, everyone wanted to eat them, including me. I also tweaked my lip balm recipe and made a ton of those little sticks. Broke down and bought some flavored oils too! Peach Mango was my hands down favorite, but Cranberry Orange was a very close second! I did manage to do one bazaar over the holidays. Not too bad, but I only sold my soap, I haven't created any lables for my lip balm or massage oils yet. I'm kinda keeping those for myself for some reason...
In other news, I got my hands on a digital SLR camera and I'm loving it! As with my other SLR, it's been so long since I've used one (I believe I was photographing live dinosaurs at the time) as it is intended to be used, that I have forgotten how to properly use them. But I have managed to read the manual enough to set it to point and shoot!! Yay me :) One of these days I will hook it up to my computer and download some pictures... Maybe not, this sucker holds like 1,000 pictures!
On a more current note, I was grocery shopping the other day and they had all the Gordon's fishy stuff on sale. I thought WOW, I haven't had fish sticks on SOOOO LONG! So I finally choose a fillet with some type of potatoe chip breading and I thought "what a fun dinner!" Back to childhood n all. WRONG! Wrong, wrong. It made my house smell like crap, tasted worse and gave me a terrible stomache ache after two bites. Yes, it took two, I thought maybe I was being snobbish after the first one.
As for my childhood, I also used to run around naked, play in the mud, cry when I didn't get my way, and fight with my mom at every chance I got. Huh, maybe things haven't changed that much. But the fish sticks still sucked!
Haha, love you mom. And thanks for never feeding me that stuff when I was in my formative years :)

No comments: