Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Salt Bar!!!

My first batch!!! The bars are kinda small, and a few of them cracked, but what the hell! It worked!? They set up REALLY fast, less then an hour, and I may have waited a tad too long (hence the crumbling), but I'm SOOOOO excited to try them out... Common sense would say that 75% coconut oil and 18oz of salt would dry your skin out and make you sad, but everything I've been reading about these little beauties says that they are WONDERFUL to use :) And who really listens to common sense anyways? Rich, lotiony lather, and smooth, sexy skin... crossing my fingers.... 4 weeks is a long time to wait for sexy skin.
They kinda look like tapioca pudding, and they smell really fresh and clean, hope I can start adding them to my soap family!
OK, I haven't really been doing much lately, except waiting for the chance to make these salt bars. I have finished my first re-batch of soap, apparently Papaya FO does a little number on CP soap. I'll but some pics up of those when they're cut. I got to add coconut milk to those, so maybe that was just fate stepping in? It was a fun little experiment, but for futures sake, I hope that most of the others come out lovely the first time :)

1 comment:

Shelley Ann Jones said...

Fun! I have Salt Bars on my list of must make soaps!